Office Manager – Leeds Law Society
Title: Office Manager
Reports to: President and Board of Directors of LLS
Based at: Leeds Law Society, 62 Wellington Street, Leeds LS1 2EE
Hours: A minimum of 22.5 hours (3 days) per week, to a maximum of 37.5 hours per week (5 days). Days and hours to be agreed.
Closing Date: 23 October 2017
- To manage office operations and procedures in order to ensure organisational effectiveness and efficiency;
- To co-ordinate the office and executive functions in relation to all membership services and income generation;
- To provide senior executive support to the Society;
- To line manage all staff.
- Provide executive support for the President and Directors
- Assume responsibility for the efficient day-to-day running of the office
- Manage the administration and executive functions
- Address employee, administration and membership issues
- Formulate and implement management decisions
- Conduct meetings, staff reviews and training as appropriate
- Prepare, analyse, and revise financial, organisational and administrative reports
- Monitor and maintain office Â and membership services
- Communicate effectively and professionally at all levels
To liaise with the President, the Board of Directors, administration staff, executives, members of LLS, other local Law Societies, other professional organisations and other relevant parties, as appropriate in order to carry out the following:
- Oversee the delivery of relevant membership benefits and services,
- Monitor the subscription renewal process and implement schemes to increase membership,
- Oversee event and seminar planning, including the necessary administration, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, communication and liaison,
- Assist with hosting LLS conferences, training courses and events, as required. Some flexibility in working hours will be required from time to time in order to attend activities being held outside of normal working hours.
- Monitor the executive function in relation to income generation from sponsorship, events and advertising,
- Assist with the implementation of financial and accounting policies in collaboration with the Treasurer and Accountant, and ensure accounting procedures are followed,
- Administer the collection of annual membership subscriptions from members and member firms,
- Oversee the production of cash flow projections, events reconciliations, subscription income reports and any other necessary financial reports,
- Review and approve supply requisitions and maintain a supply of petty cash for incidentals,
- Authorise and issue payments by cheque, debit card, and via online banking, ensuring all payments and withdrawals are approved and documented,
- Monitor budgets and expenditure.
- Assist in developing corporate image and reputation; protect and develop the Society’s brand via various media, in conjunction with outside agencies and organisations when necessary,
- Oversee the preparation and scheduling of regular email campaigns, preparing content and proof reading for accuracy,
- Assist in preparing and uploading content for website and other marketing material, and oversee social media campaigns,
- Co-ordinate the content and scheduling of the Leeds and Yorkshire Lawyer magazine, liaising with the editor on a regular basis.
- Provide day-to-day support and supervision to the LLS staff and interns; delegate tasks and monitor workflow to meet deadlines,
- Ensure adequate staff levels to cover for absences, flexible working hours and fluctuations in workload,
- Evaluate staff performance, carry out appraisals and identify training opportunities,
- Maintain personnel records on working hours, contracts, absences, holidays and salaries,
- Attend to the selection, recruitment, induction and mentoring of new staff,
- Liaise with the relevant member(s) of the board on personnel matters.
Maintain office services
- Ensure the smooth running of the office on a day-to-day basis,
- Manage, direct and monitor the administrative and executive functions, and provide administrative support for the President and directors,
- Facilitate regular staff meetings for progress updates,
- Assist with the implementation and organisation of office policies, standards and procedures,
- Oversee matters relating to property maintenance, servicing and repairs as required,
- Ensure all staff comply with policies and procedures relating to health and safety,
- Perform general everyday tasks necessary for the day-to-day running of the Society,
- Define procedures for record retention; develop and implement new administrative systems and procedures or make improvements where necessary,
- Oversee the data management systems and ensure records are correctly maintained and up to date, including distribution lists for email marketing campaigns,
- Liaise with the data administrator to ensure the website and database are maintained to a high standard, and contact the support teams when necessary to resolve any operational issues,
- Comply with policies and procedures relating to data protection, security and confidentiality, ensuring the integrity and availability of information being held, accessed or processed within the remit of this post.
- Attend monthly board meetings with the President and board of directors; prepare and present reports and meeting minutes,
- Attend regular officers meetings to consult on matters relating to the day-to-day running of the business,
- Assist the Company Secretary with the preparation of AGM documents,
- Alert the board of directors to any issues or concerns and work with them to resolve them,
- Prepare and present reports and meeting minutes when required, eg. Joint V meetings.
Liaison and new projects
- Liaise with individuals and organisations at all levels and attend meetings as required, with external organisations, eg. The Law Society, Joint V, SRA,
- Assist with business planning and strategy formulation,
- Initiate and oversee new projects, facilitate their implementation and oversee to completion.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The main terms and conditions are as follows:
- 28 days holiday pro rata to reflect part time nature of the role (inclusive of bank holidays),
- Based at 62 Wellington Street, Leeds LS1 2EE with free on-site parking,
- Role may involve travel and overnight stays. Travel and hotel costs will be reimbursed and car mileage allowed at 45 pence per mile.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Office management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in written
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- HR experience preferable
- Knowledge of Xero accounting software (useful not essential)
Contact email@example.com for more information and application process.