SCE Solicitors – Paralegal in the Employment Department
Job title: Paralegal in the Employment Department
Department/Location: Leeds Centre
Report to: Principal
Salary: Dependant on experience (may lead to a training contract for the right candidate)
- Working on Claimant and Respondent casework with minimal supervision;
- Undertaking preparation of tribunal claims and
- Representing clients at tribunal.
- Working on a mixture of Claimant and Respondent casework.
- Assisting in the development of the Employment Team including generating new business.
- Assisting the Principal in the management of casework.
- General administrative duties.
- Invoicing and
- Debt collection.
Personal qualities and skills required
Education/Training: LPC qualified.
Relevant experience (minimum one year) in:
- Dealing with Claimant and/or Respondent work (including letters to court, drafting pleadings, defences, disclosure lists, preparation of bundles, witness statements, list of issues and skeleton arguments);
- Giving HR advice to companies;
- Advocacy (desirable);
- Marketing and networking; and
- Article writing.
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn.
- Well organised and able to prioritise a heavy workload.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- IT skills including case management systems.
- Ability to work as a team.
Please submit all CV’s, written applications or enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org