Directors & Staff
Leeds Law Society was founded in 1805 for “the protection and advancement of the character, status and interests of attorneys and solicitors practising within four miles of the Borough of Leeds”. For the first 70 years of its existence the Society had no home of its own, so meetings took place in local hotels. Business meetings were followed by dinner with latecomers fined 2s 6d as a penalty for being late!
With a prestigious history and a dynamic modern board of directors, we are connected to key decision makers across the city, across the region and across the country. As part of a national network of law societies, we regularly welcome some of the biggest names in the legal industry to Leeds and make sure our members get access to the people that matter.
The Society is funded wholly by membership subscriptions and sponsorship, which is invested in delivering more for our members, and we remain commercially-focussed to ensure you get maximum value from being part of the society. We have recently made a number of commercial decisions that have secured the long-term future of the society and will guarantee we can do even more for members in the years to come.