Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting 2019
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting (the Meeting) of Leeds Law Society (LLS) will be held at 62 Wellington Street, Leeds LS1 2EE at 5.00pm on 13th August 2019 to transact the following business:
- To receive and if thought fit approve by the income and expenditure account for the previous financial year and the balance sheet as at the end of the previous financial year.
- To propose a change in the accounting period for the financial year from the 1st January to the 31st December to a new accounting period of the 1st May to the 30th April
- To approve by way of a special resolution an amendment to Article 32.5 of the Articles of Association of Leeds Law Society to make provision for notice of general meetings to be given to Leeds Solicitors working for Corporate Members only if they are Directors of Leeds Law Society by adding immediately after the words “every Member every Associate Member who is a Director every Leeds Solicitor working for a Corporate Member” the words “who is a Director”
- To approve by way of a special resolution an amendment to Article 33.1 of the Articles of Association of Leeds Law Society to make provision for Leeds Solicitors working for Corporate Members to participate in general meetings only if they are Directors of Leeds Law Society by adding after the words “Members Associate Members who are Directors and Leeds Solicitors working for Corporate Members” the words “who are Directors”
- Any other business of which notice is given.
The Directors: Leeds Law Society, 62 Wellington Street, Leeds LS1 2EE
11th July 2019
NOTES TO THE NOTICE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
1. Appointment of proxies
As a member of LLS you are entitled to appoint a proxy to exercise all or any of your rights to attend, speak and vote at the Meeting. If you would like to appoint the Secretary (and Chair of the meeting) of LLS or anyone else to be your proxy please complete the relevant proxy form which is available from email@example.com. You can only appoint a proxy using the procedures set out in the notes to the proxy form.
If you have any queries about the Meeting should contact the Society by email at firstname.lastname@example.org